Monday, January 31, 2011

Snow, Snow, Come This Way

I know, I know, I shouldn't be wishing for snow since we have already used our allotted 3 snow days this school year, but deep down inside ok right on the tip top of me....I want yet another snow day.
Lily Kate playing in the snow!!

So what have I been up to since Christmas? The quick answer...A little bit of everything. Due to the snow, professional development, and me being sick, I have yet to attend a full 5 day work week since the beginning of this year.  On my days off, I have read 4 books, Confessions of A Shopaholic series by Shophie Kinsella and I will admit I am slightly completely addicted.  In addition to reading, Kyle and I have been spending lots of time playing games with Demi and Jeremy. We play Wii games...board games...you name it -- we probably own the game. My newest crave is Pictionary on the Wii. It is so much fun!
Demi and Me before a dinner date one night!
 Teaching is going well.  My kids have yet to get into the groove of school this semester because of all of the snow days, but we are making it. I will find out the results of my final Praxis test in the next couple weeks. I am so nervous. Im ready to pass these things and have that certification. Who would have thought that in 2 years of teaching I could have not only my Business Education License, but also have my 7-12 Mathematics and my Career Orientation Endorsement.
Kyle, Luke, Me, and Lily Kate!
Avery, my best teaching bud here at AMS, is currently working on her Masters. I am so amazed at all of her hard work she puts into everything. Between her wonderful lessons (which the kids rant and rave over daily), to her masters degree, and even to her church she is definitely wonder woman. If it wasn't for her, I do not know where I would be!

Amy is busy finishing up her degree as well.  In a short month and half Amy and I will have known each other for a full year.  No one ever believes us when we tell them we have only known each other for a few months. (My students even think we are sisters). She is busy with 21 hours this semester and still coaching her heart out to these girls.

Kyle is hard at work working on his double major.  He has been  such a wonderful support system for me through the past 6 months.  He is constantly doing anything and everything he can to please me. I mean I couldn't ask for a better person in my life right now.  His nephew's birthday is tomorrow and we are off to dinner and bowling to celebrate tomorrow night. Nothing makes me happier than being around him and his sweet nephew and niece.
Kyle, Me and his niece and nephew about to ride the train at a local park!
Well that's about all I can think of right now. I'm sure the school day tomorrow will be crazy if this storm system really does "hit" us.

Stay tuned...Tomorrow could be quite an adventure here at Sara's Stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment