Kyle surprised me with a vacation the weekend after school got out. I knew that we were going some where but the location was still a mystery to me. He had been wanting to surprise me (because he knows I hate surprises) for a while and he knew that a mini vacation was just what I needed after a long, hard school year. He wasn't going to tell me where we were going until we got to the airport. He was going to tell me what I should pack. The whole trip rested on his shoulders. I am a little worrier so of course I was stressing to the max. On Wednesday morning, the day before school got out, Kyle agreed to tell me the temperature of the location that we would be going. He told me that it would be in the mid to upper 70s. So since I am a little researcher, I started googling temperatures in citites I thought we might be visiting.
Finally after a day of searching, I figured out we were going to NYC. Kyle was relieved that I finally figured it out, but little did I know what was going to happen on our mini vacation.
We flew out of Tulsa early Sunday morning and arrived in New York around noon. We headed to the hotel and checked in and quickly left to see the sights. I had made sure Kyle had an agenda of what we were going to do because other wise I would be stressing the whole time. We did a lot of firsts on that Sunday. We took a trip on the subway.
| Our first subway ride |
| Bowling Green Park |
| Statue of Liberty |
Monday we headed to Central Park. We walked around for quite a while and then went to the zoo. I am a huge fan of zoos. The animals amaze me for some odd reason...Im still a 5 year old kid at heart. After the zoo we decided to go on a paddle boat on the lake in Central Park. Kyle and I asked several couples to take our picture while in the boat. After a while, and about the fourth couple we asked to take our picture, Kyle told me he would give me my prize he had brought with him. He got out my prize and it was an engagement ring!!! I was so shocked and the couple who were taking our picture continued to snap shots while he proposed. So there we were in New York City, in the middle of Central Park, on a paddle boat as the newly engaged couple!
Central Park Central Park Zoo The Proposal |
The rest of the day was quite a blur. We ate at an amazing italian restaurant and retired to our hotel room! The final day we made our way back to Times Square and Ground Zero. Ground Zero was an amazing sight. Something I just couldn't imagine until I saw it myself.
We left the following morning to come home and show our family and friends. I was so excited and surprised by Kyle's surprise!
| Being silly in the hotel room! |
We have set a date and I can't wait to get more details nailed down. I love you Kyle Martin and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment