Well it has once again been a while since I updated the ol' blog. I just knew that after we got married I would have lots to write about, but I was mistaken. Every time I sit down to write a blog or think I need to write a blog, I never can figure out what to write about! But I can definitely tell you that I have many confessions that need to be let out...
1. I am so ready for summer. The kiddos here at school are antsy for it as well. I think a mixture of the nice weather outside and the fact that they have now been in school for 7th months is really getting to them and ME! I think this time of year seventh and eighth grade students forget to filter what they are saying to adults. The attitude these kids have right now is just down right crazy! Only 39 more days though...Not that I am counting or anything!!
2. Kyle's sister and brother-in-law have decided to move. Instead of being a mile down the road they are now going to be 2.5 hours down the interstate. This is very hard for Kyle and I to swallow. We are used to keeping our sweet adorable nephew one weekend a month and we both know that when they move it will be hard to see him that often. They are also moving this Friday and we haven't had a chance to get together to say goodbye. Kyle and mine's heart are aching about this situation. We love that boy (and our neice) as if they are our own. The way the whole moving situation has taken place hasn't been really smoothe for Kyle and I, so if you don't mind to say a little prayer for us as this change in our life occurs we would both appreciate it!
3. Married life is great. Being able to come home from work and relax/vent to each other about our days is amazing. He is my best friend and married life is everything we had dreamed of and more. Kyle built me a cute little garden this week and we are attempting to grow some veggies! I am not very good at keeping ANYTHING alive...so we will see how the veggies turn out!
4. Cheerleading tryouts have come and gone. I have a brand new group of girls and I have to say that I am BEYOND excited about it. Amy and I are taking our squads to competition this year and we both think that we have a HIGH chance of winning junior high division. I mean our girls are that talented! Our first practice is next Friday and then it is all down hill from there. Practice, practice, practice. But you know what they say...."Practice makes perfect." And perfect is just what Amy and I are striving for.
5. Kyle and I have been spending a lot of time with our parents. We are both blessed to have such supportive parents in our lives. Between spending time with my mom and his dad we are always busy, busy, busy!
6. Zack, Kyle's younger brother, and I went to see the Hunger Games yesterday afterschool. Zack read the books a long time ago and I read the first book over spring break and I have to say the book and movie were both great! I can't wait to get my hands on the second one!
7. Graduate school applications....I need to fill it out and get started on my masters ASAP. I just dont think that teaching is what I should be doing for the rest of my career. By getting my masters degree I will be able to work in the training departments of corporations and I think adults might just be what I was meant to teach.
Well that is enough confessions for today...
Have a wonderful and beautiful weekend.
Until next time....

No comments:
Post a Comment