Thursday, November 3, 2011
Thankful For #1 and #2
During the month of November I am going to post each day for what I am thankful for! Since I have missed Day 1 and Day 2 here is my recap!
Day 1: Immediate Family
I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family support system. My family has been there for me through so much, especially in the past year that I do not know where I would be without them. In just a few short months (less than 2 to be exact) I will be starting my own family with Kyle. Kyle has been such a blessing in my life. He has truly shown me what love is and how to love another person. Kyle and I both know that God has put us in each others lives for a reason and we can't wait to start our life together in December.
My mom has been my best friend forever. Being there for me during the tough teenage years, high school, and college when so much is changing in a young girls life. She and I can laugh and cry together and in the end I know who will always be there for me until the end. My step father has a special place in my heart. Since I have lived with him since I was 10 he has been much a like a second father figure. I love him just as I love my own father.
My dad has always had a special place in my life. Since my mother and him split up when I was young, for many years it was just my dad and I every other weekend. We would do girl stuff, like gymnastics meets, but then of course he was the one that taught me the boy stuff too, such as camping, hunting, and the woods! He bought me my first puppy a yellow lab named Bailey. Bailey is now 9 years old and the best dog a girl could ask for. She is also the best bird dog my dad could ask for! She loves her some duck season. My dad married Jennifer around my senior year of high school. Now I wasn't the biggest fan when it first took place, I mean she was intruding on my dad and I's special bond; however, now that I am older....I couldn't ask for a better step mother. She supports me 110% and is always there for me and especially my father when he needs her the most.
I love my family to the moon and back and I am so thankful for what they have taught me in life.
Day 2: Girl Friends Friends
I am thankful for my friends! God has put some pretty amazing people in my life for me to lean on when I need support. Demi has been there for me since 2nd grade! We were inseparable in junior high and high school and have since lived together multiple times. She is truly the sister I never had. God knew that I needed a girl to lean on and she is the perfect match. We have been through SO much together from family drama to boy drama and I wouldn't nor could I ask for a better friend. She will be standing by me on December 17 as my Maid of Honor and I couldn't think of anyone better to be by my side on the biggest day of my life. Although we don't see each other as much now as we would like to, when we get together it is like we never missed a day!
Amy is one of my "newest" friends; however, I feel like we have known each other for a VERY long time. Our passion of cheerleading brought us together my first year of teaching and it has continued to hold us together through today. Only difference between then and now, our conversations aren't just about cheer! I can talk to her about ANYTHING. I love going to Amy for advice and she is such an inspiration to me as a person. Always has a smile on her face and a bubbly personality. I can't wait for her to stand up at the alter with me when I get married.
Avery and I met during orientation for our jobs 3 years ago. She and I were both young and fairly new to teaching. We had a lot of great ideas we couldn't wait to implement in the classroom. Since we were both young, we immediately "clicked" and have been joined at the hip ever since. Many of the kids think we are sisters and ask if we are EVER apart! I helped Avery meet her sole mate and although she thought I was crazy at first, she is now the happiest I have ever seen her! She is truly an inspiration to me because of her love of the Lord! I couldn't think of any other way to honor our friendship better than being with me while I marry the love of my life.
Natalie is my fourth and final bridesmaid. Being friends since before we were even born! Although we don't see each other as much now, we used to be together A LOT! We have so many memories together that I don't know what my childhood would have been like without her. I stood beside her at her wedding and I can't wait for her to be apart of mine!
Every girl needs a support system and I would have to say with these 4 girls in my life I have the best!
***Day 3 post to come soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment